North Korea & Desi Trash
The NYTimes has a fascinating editorial piece by Nicholas Kristof up on their site dealing with his recent trip to Pyongyang, North Korea. More interesting than the written article are the approximately 5 minutes worth of Kristof's "video blogs" shot in the capital. I highly recommend you check out at least the videos. In particular, the subway is truly a marvel to behold. Also, damn, North Korea has some cuties hiding out there. No doubt they are brainwashed psychopaths. But damn.
Yes, you do need to sign up for an account. It's free and good for your soul. Don't even bother reading this blog if you disagree.
In other news of the garbage variety, I stumbled upon this gem: Your Guide To Dating An Indian. Firstly, IBCA - that's a new one for me. Second, I've noticed all these stereotypes are also applied to Korean men (and perhaps to all immigrant men). Third - okay, forget this. Here are some truly enlightening direct quotes:
I like the last one best. This chick actually thinks she is doing a public service announcement.
Come on, yaar.
Yes, you do need to sign up for an account. It's free and good for your soul. Don't even bother reading this blog if you disagree.
In other news of the garbage variety, I stumbled upon this gem: Your Guide To Dating An Indian. Firstly, IBCA - that's a new one for me. Second, I've noticed all these stereotypes are also applied to Korean men (and perhaps to all immigrant men). Third - okay, forget this. Here are some truly enlightening direct quotes:
"They are too cheap."What are these "funny sounds," I wonder? Maybe she means "yaar," in which case she is wrong. "Yaar" is a way cool sound.
"They want to go around screwing people by lying and deception and that's why they go back home to get their so called "virgins" to marry."
".. sometimes they make funny sounds which are perfectly acceptible in India but not here..."
"Through sharing our stories, we can begin in our solidarity for maintaining good name of Indians in America and elsewhere and my exposing the bad, we can save the essence of our culture."
I like the last one best. This chick actually thinks she is doing a public service announcement.
Come on, yaar.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home